Happy Birthday to my favorite sister (and only one). Love you…
I am writing this blog post already a couple of days early, since we are busy today. We are going on a small birthday road trip, juhu…. more when we will be back…
Since today is Eva’s special day, I thought I would share something personal or special about her. I was thinking about what to write… because I know her so well and so many things popped up in my head, it was more difficult than I had anticipated. Maybe we can make a tradition out of it and write something special every year from now.
This year I will share a small obsession of hers… her fingernails! I don’t know any other person that cares so much about fingernails.
Every week there is a new design, the latest trend or a cool color. They look always pretty and perfectly manicured. Now I really like nail polish, but after about 10 minutes my nails will be chipped, touched or imperfect. Before my sister moved to Florida my nails were always “naturel”, because I did not want to constantly fix them… it is just too much work. But as you might have seen from our photo shoots for the photo props things have changed… My sister took over my fingernails too! I like it…
I am not sure when Eva’s hobby started, but no matter which occasion, holiday or mood, her finger nails match perfectly. It is not just a polish, it is nail art. Rather than writing about it, let me show you. This is only a small collection of some looks, she had throughout the years.
Since she moved, I also started to learn about finger nails from her. Here are the top 5 tips and tricks, I have received and I want to share for newbies like me:
1. put rubbing alcohol on cotton ball and rub onto finger tips to remove as much oils as possible before applying nail polish. The oil on your nails prevents nail polish from sticking.
2. Baking soda mixed with lemon juice will whiten your nails
3. make nail stickers – apply nail polish to scotch tape & let it try. Cut out stripes or shapes, stick on nails and cover with clear coat
4. make nail tattoos – paint your design onto a ziplock plastic bag and peel off carefully. Paint nails, apply tattoo and cover with top coat
5. to make your nails dry faster, dip fingers in ice water (my favorite tip, because of my kids)